Wednesday 22 January 2014

Baking | Quickie | Almond Walnut Brownies

IMG_00002081_thumb9
Almond Walnut Brownies

Its amazing how creative I get when I am peckish. I was in one of my usual carb craving modes without really finding anything that I really wanted to snack on.
So I just dragged out all my baking stash and looked through what I had in stock. And this is what I came up.
I would have posted this recipe much sooner, but the brownies didn't stay around long enough to be photographed. So I gleefully made another batch for you lovelies to see what they turned out like. Actually these pictures are from the 3rd...... 4th batch. These didn't stick around long either!

IMG_00002072_thumb5
Melted Butter, Caster Sugar, Eggs & Vanilla Extract

IMG_00002074_thumb7
Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder & Salt
Ingredients:
  • 110g Butter (melted)
  • 200g Caster Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 60g Flour
  • 30g Cocoa Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 60g Chopped Walnut
  • 2 tbsp Ground Almond
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
  2. Line the base of a baking tin with a baking sheet and grease with butter (including the sides) and then dust lightly with some flour
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugar
  4. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue whisking
  5. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt
  6. Pour dry ingredients into the sugar/egg mixture and mix together until smooth
  7. Fold in walnuts and ground almonds
  8. Pour mixture into a baking tin and spread evenly
  9. Place into oven and bake for 25 minutes or until firm around the edges
  10. Remove from oven and leave to cool before cutting into squares
IMG_00002075_thumb8
Oven Ready

Please remember to Like, Share & Follow ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment