Tuesday 17 September 2013

Friday Nights Living - Prawn Pot

Everyone, once in a while, get those crazy weeks that you weren't sure you would make it through; so that come Friday the only thing you look forward to is a cosy night-in as the start up plan for your weekend.
Personally, I have a list of things I usually put together (a bit like a recipe) to make it my perfect evening. 

My list normally goes like this:-

  • Pyjamas 
  • Trashy Friday night telly
  • Food + Vino
In no particular order, but simple enough as I believe that there's great satisfaction to be gained from the simplest things. 

Now I do love to snack as much as the next person, but since my plan was to gradually unwind for the weekend, I always decide to cook. Cooking for me is soothingly therapeutic. And the end result is my prize! 

The meal of the night was made from a recipe that quite frankly I sort of fashioned out by picking up ideas from different sources, but I think credit has to mainly go to a family owned Portuguese restaurant I visited a a couple of years back somewhere in South London. Such a shame I can't remember where it was exactly. To be honest, I have never known what to call it so I decided to go with "Prawn Pot". All I know is that it never fails to hit the spot for me.

Now since time is always of the essence, I always buy my prawns fresh before cleaning and freezing them for times like this. No one got time to be gutting prawns on a Friday night :-).


IMG_00000440




Ingredients

  • 100g Prawns; de-veined and reserve shells (leaving the shells on is my preference)
  • 1/2 small wine glass Sauvignon Blanc (any dry white wine will serve as alternative)
  • 1 small Chilli; finely chopped
  • 4 Cherry Tomatoes; chopped in halves
  • 1 Garlic clove; crushed
  • 1 Green Onion; finely chopped
  • 3 tbsps White Truffle Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Lime + zest
  • 1/4 tsp Paprika
  • 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp shredded Coriander leaves
  • 1/2 tsp shredded Parsley leaves
  • 1/2 stock fish or vegetable stock cube (optional)


Method

  1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
  2. Line the prawns into a casserole dish. A small sized one is suitable for this portion.
  3. Combine in a mixing bowl garlic, chilli, cherry tomatoes, green onions, coriander, parsley, lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, truffle oil, paprika, black pepper, stock cube and Sauvignon Blanc. Stir gently but thoroughly.
  4. Pour mixture over prawns in casserole dish, gently toss and cover with foil paper.
  5. Cook in oven for 15 minutes
  6. Remove foil paper and return into oven for a further 8-10 minutes.


Serve with warm garlic bread.

Serves 2


Cooked


So back to my list;

  • Pyjamas - Check
  • Food (Prawn Pot) + Vino - Check
  • Trashy Friday night telly - Check
Bon Appetit

Which leads me ask, "What makes your perfect Friday night in?".





























No comments:

Post a Comment