Monday 7 October 2013

Baking Dilemma:: Banana Bread



IMG_00000904

Baking is probably one of my least favourite things to do in the kitchen. Not because I dislike baking and the yummy outcome of the entire process, but because nearly all the things I would love to bake involve using raw eggs - which I hate, loath, despise, dislike eggs.......you get the point - I steer clear away! The story of my weird relationship with eggs is a rather humorous one, which I will probably share another time.
So why am I talking about raw eggs you wonder....
Well sometimes I come across some irresistible recipes that contain eggs as an ingredient, for which I don't mind enduring just the briefest glimpse of the raw eggs during the preparation. Now enter this post's offering - Banana Bread.
Banana bread is so easy and straightforward to make, and besides for this recipe (and quantity) I only have 1 egg to deal with......:).
Definitely worth it!

IMG_00000896

Ingredients
  • 4 Bananas
  • 3.5oz Melted Butter
  • 2oz scoops Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 9oz Flour
Method
  1. Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Peel bananas into a medium sized mixing bowl.
  3. Using a fork, mash the bananas until smooth.
  4. Add melted butter, vanilla extract, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and egg.
  5. Stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth without any lumps.
  6. Add in flour gradually into the mixture and stir in gently until smooth. 
  7. Grease the insides of baking tin with butter.
  8. Pour in mixture into baking tin and place into pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
  9. Remove baking tin from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
  10. Turn over the baking tin onto a wired rack to release the banana bread.
IMG_00000901

IMG_00000908

Enjoy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment