Wednesday 19 February 2014

Apple & Avocado Slaw



IMG_20140216_194112
Apple & Avocado Slaw
Ever since I came across a recipe on a fellow Google Plusser's (+Shinae Choi Robinson) blog a couple of months ago I haven't stopped waxing lyrical about it. I even made it for Christmas dinner. I have made it several times since then and along the line, I have also made some variations here and there.Which brings me to today's recipe. You see I figured incorporating avocado into the original recipe would make an interesting texture combination. Verdict = It works!!!

Before this, it never would have crossed my mind to use apples this way. Easy and quick to scrabble together; it seemed fitting with my theme of taking things easy this month.


IMG_20140216_185905
Ingredients
IMG_20140216_192636
Apple Mixture


IMG_20140216_193536
Avocado Mixture

Ingredients
  • 1 Apples (julienned)
  • 1 Avocado (diced)
  • 6 tbsps Lime Juice
  • 3 tbsps Coriander (shredded)
  • 8 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Small Chilli (finely chopped) 
  • 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 2 tbsps Fish Sauce (Nam Pla)
  • 1 Small Shallot (finely chopped)
  • Pinch of Salt
Method
  1. Into a mixing bowl, combine apples, 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil, coriander, chilli, lime juice and brown sugar and toss together
  2. Into another mixing bowl, combine avocado, 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil and salt, then gently toss together
  3. Pour in avocado mixture into the apple mixture and toss together, taking care not break up the avocado pieces
  4. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes before serving
Serves 2

Don't forget to Like, Share & Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment