Saturday 8 February 2014

Easy Courgette Crisps



IMG_20140206_150216

So while now gradually truding further into February, I am beginning to realise that the pace with which I started the year was on full blast. In hindsight, January was such a busy month for me as I had alot going on on my plate at the same time. Thankfully, I am able to now pause, even if for a moment, to appreciate, take stock and slow down a little.
Therefore in the spirit of all things slowed down , my culinary foray has been a translation of my recent laid back approach.

Easy, quick and a delightful snack to assuage any level of peckishness, this is a recipe that once tried is guaranteed to remain a staple in your kitchen. I find it to be one of the few snacks I can enjoy without the consequential bloated feeling afterwards.
In case you are confused, this is the same thing as Zucchini Crisps, but its referred to as Courgette Crisps here in lovely Bligthy .

IMG_20140206_134055


IMG_20140206_141803

IMG_20140206_141814

Ingredients:
  • 2 Courgettes 
  • 60g Parmesan (grated)
  • 20g Breadcrumbs
  • 1 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C
  2. Line an oven tray with baking sheet and lightly coat with olive oil
  3. Slice courgettes (not too thin) in rounds
  4. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and rub all over the courgettes
  5. Into a mixing bowl, combine parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt and black pepper
  6. Arrange the coated courgettes on the oven tray/s and place in the oven
  7. Bake for 25 minutes
  8. Remove from oven and leave to cool before serving
Serves 3-4

Please Like, Share + Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment